Currently, NOT offering Massage Doula services at this time!
After specializing in Prenatal Massage since 2007, and becoming certified in Labor Massage in 2010, it just made sense to continue on, and become a Certified Massage Doula!
What is a Massage Doula?
A Doula is defined as: A woman who assists another woman during labor and provides support to her, the infant, and the family after childbirth. Some of the things that a Doula can assist you with are:
- Provide physical comfort, information, and emotional support during childbirth.
- Can provide a variety of useful pre-labor coaching suggestions to prepare you for delivery, both physically and emotionally.
- Can describe the physical processes that make up the three stages of labor
- Can help you understand some of the possible complications that can arise.
- Can suggest a number of various positions for laboring that decrease discomfort and back labor, and promote more effective pushing.
- Can Assist you in helping you prepare your birth plan
- A Doula is your advocate and objective guide throughout your labor and delivery.
A Massage Doula, provides everything that a Doula does, but is also a Certified Massage Therapist who has had specialized advanced certification in Prenatal Massage, Postpartum Massage, Labor Massage, delivery support, and optionally infant massage.
Benefits of a Massage Doula
During your pregnancy, a Massage Doula can:
- Administer a safe, drug-free relief of your pregnancy aches and pains
- Reduce Swelling
- Ease pressure on your sciatic nerve
- Teach you relaxation skills necessary for labor
- Prepare your body for delivery
- Assist circulation
- Help you release emotional tension and stress which is not healthy for your baby
- Help improve your sleep patterns - See my recommended Maternity Products.
See my complete list of Prenatal Massage Benefits!
Benefits of a Massage Doula
in the Delivery Room
There are many benefits to having a Massage Doula in the delivery room with you. Some of the benefits are:
- Shorten the length of your labor
- Reduce the need for pain medications or epidurals
- Reduce the need for pitocin
- Reduce the need for forceps & vacuum extraction
- Reduce the need for C-Sections
- Opens the pelvis to assist your baby's descent
- Provides relief from low-back pain and discomfort
- Keeps you relaxed and focused - I help set a relaxing environment by dimming the lights, playing relaxing music, and I even have a portable table water feature that is relaxing to listen to.
- Dramatically increases your odds of a natural labor
- Provides for a more positive birth experience
- Most importantly, improves the health of your baby
Recommended Doula and Birth Books
I highly recommend the books below to understand more about the birth process and how having a Doula can help you to have a shorter, easier, and healthier birth! Understanding the process, will help to alleviate the stress of the unknown! You can purchase them below, directly from Amazon.com
1) The Doula Book: How a Trained Labor Companion Can Help You Have a Shorter, Easier, and Healthier Birth, by Marshall H. Klaus
2) The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth: by Henci Goer & Rhonda Wheeler
3) The Birth Partner, A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions, by Penny Simpkin
Book an Appointment with Brie
If YOU are looking for a Fantastic Sacramento Massage,
Book an Appointment with Massage By Brie, by calling/texting Brie at (916) 790-4596.
Please check out my Testimonials!
Facebook - Like This Page?
Facebook - Like My Site?