Prenatal Massage Benefits
Some of the Prenatal Massage Benefits are:
- Reduces Stress Levels and fatigue levels
- Eases back & foot pain caused by changes in posture
- Reduces pelvic/hip pain
- Improves digestion
- Improves circulation
- Reduces swelling of feet, ankles, and arms - this is a common problem in pregnancy, because fluid builds up in the extremities. Massage increases the circulation of blood and lymph helping to carry the excess fluids from the extremities and thereby decreasing the swelling.
- Improves skin elasticity, reducing stretch marks
- Can alleviate the stress on weight-bearing joints - the extra weight gain of a growing baby, puts added stress on a woman’s knees, ankles and hips. Massaging around the joints can help relieve any joint pain. The extra weight gain changes the alignment of the muscles in the body and causes pain, and massage can help realign the body, thereby reducing the pain.
- Promotes relaxation and deep breathing - this will help a woman to learn relaxation skills for labor
- Relieves aches and pains in muscles and joints - massage soothes and relaxes the muscles and brain, and causes you to experience less muscle tension and pain. Helps with circulatory support to reduce the possibility of problems with swelling, varicose veins, leg cramps, and blood clots
- Helps with back pain during pregnancy, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited
- Increase blood circulation and allows the expectant mother to relax
- Pregnancy can often be a stressful time emotionally, and stress can negatively affect the health of the mother and the unborn baby. Prenatal Massage can help to control stress. When stressed, your body release a hormone called Cortisol . Massage therapy can help to lower the amount of cortisol in the blood and raise the amount of the “feel good” hormone dopamine.
- Relieves insomnia - all of the changes to your body during pregnancy can often make it difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in, to get a good night’s sleep. Massage therapy helps to soothe the nervous system and helps you to fall asleep easier.
- Reduces anxiety and depression - Anxiety and depression are common during pregnancy. Massage increases the secretion of dopamine and serotonin which helps to ease depression and calm anxiety levels.
- Relieves the symptoms of pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome - pregnant women are at higher risk of carpal tunnel syndrome, and massage can help release the pressure on the nerve that causes carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Provides emotional support to the pregnant woman - massage therapy can help release emotional tension
- Eases pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Can help the body prepare for delivery.
- Can help with natural induction
With all of the Prenatal Massage Benefits, it is important to get on a consistent Prenatal Massage schedule during your 2nd Trimester and 3rd Trimester. I also provide Labor Massage services, and am also a Certified Massage Doula, but I haven't yet introduced the Doula services into my business.
Please see my Sacramento Prenatal Massage Specials, that will allow you to have a Prenatal Massage 2-3 times a week during your final month when you need prenatal massage the most!
Book an Appointment with Brie
As you can see from all of the Prenatal Massage Benefits listed above, Prenatal Massage with be an incredible benefit to YOU, and YOUR Precious Baby!!
See Additional Information (coming soon!) on:
Like This Page?