Chair Massage is done while sitting in a chair, fully clothed, rather than lying down on a table. Typically, this is done for short periods of time, such as a 15 minute session.
A seated chair massage, typically focuses on the high tension areas of the body, such as the neck, shoulders, back, and arms. A portable massage chair is used, which is ergonomically designed, and it is not uncommon these days to find many progressive companies that have set up wellness programs within their organization, bringing in a Massage Therapist to perform massage in the workplace to help combat and reduce workplace stress.
A short seated chair massage session, can often be squeezed in to an individuals lunch period during a work day, for a cost effective stress relief break.
Another advantage to seated massage, is that for those who have never had a massage, it is a little less intimidating at first, because they can leave their clothes on, and it gives them a great introduction to massage.
Some of the many health benefits of Chair Massage are:
- Boosts energy, alertness, and productivity
- Reduces muscle tension, and pain
- Relaxes and rejuvenates
- Lowers stress, anxiety, and blood pressure
- Improves sleep
- Relieves headaches and migraines
- Encourages better posture
- Increases circulation
- Helps prevent repetitive stress injuries, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Relieves emotional stress
- Improves thinking and awareness
See also Corporate Chair Massage,
to set up a Wellness Program for your Business!! I have a portable massage chair, and can travel to your work location to assist your workers with their work related stress!
Return from Chair Massage to Sacramento Massage By Brie Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.